Does MetaMask support wallet sweep function of ETH from Blackchain.com to MM?

Hello, I wish to use private key wallet sweep to move my ETH holdings from my Blockchain wallet to my metamask. Does MM have this function? If so, how do I do it? If not, what wallet(s) do?

TIA, Bill

1 Like

After installing MM, import your Blockchain wallet’s seed phrase to restore the wallet.

Hi there!

I guess I need to be more clear. I have MM installed, running just fine. I also have no problem opening my Blockchain account. I have my password, private key and seed phrase all at hand. I don’t need to restore it. I simply want to remove my holdings from Blockchain to my MM wallet because now that BC has their own exchange they are imposing restrictions on everything, including wallet holders who don’t even use the exchange. I want out.

Suddenly I can’t withdraw my remaining ETH because that would be over an arbitrary $2k limit they have imposed on my wallet. I just want to move my ETH out to my MM wallet. I’ve been around and around with them for getting n 2 weeks trying to get them to release my funds and getting passed to tech support to tech support and no help. I was informed elsewhere that I could do a wallet sweep using MM to do move my ETH out of BC to my MM wallet.

you are saying " …import your Blockchain wallet’s seed phrase to restore the wallet. " Will this move my ETH to my MM wallet? How do I do that?

Thanks in advance! LE

“Nemo Me Impune Lacesset”

If the Blockchain wallet does not save the user’s private key or seed phrase, then after you install MM, you can directly import the seed phrase of your Blockchain wallet into MM to restore MM to the exact same wallet as your Blockchain wallet, even transfers unnecessary.

Ok, pardon me I’m still not clear on what you’re getting at. I have installed and working Chrome browser MM with various holdings. Are you saying to reinstall that? Blockchain claims they don’t save users seed phrase. You can however, at your account on BC click within your wallet data to show/unshow wallet address and private key. So they do save that data.

Now if I understand you, you’re saying install another, 2nd MM on my computer? Can you do that? Have 2 MM on the same puter? Then I can import the seed phrase of my BC wallet to that other separate MM? Frankly I’m very hesitant to mass about with the MM I have currently running as I hear about so many cases of people reinstalling MM and having some or all of their holdings go missing…

Hello there!

So I went ahead and installed MetaMask in my firefox to avoid any worries about conflict with the MM in Chrome.

Used import wallet option and entered the seed phrase, made a good password and have a new wallet. But the ETH balance remains empty.

Looked in Blockchain, ETH is still there. What went wrong? What can I do?
TIA!

Update, I’ve tried the import account option using the private key string for the account and get this message " The account you’re are trying to import is a duplicate " I’m looking at the account on etherscan. It does not show my moving ( emptying ) the ETH into this wallet from the other wallet I have at Blockchain ~ 10 days ago. I don’t know what to make of this.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Hello @Looming-Extinction20 import your phrase key for blockchain into your Metamask then create a new Metamask account, after importing the blockchain phrase into your present Metamask you will be able to send the ETH from the present Metamask to the new Metamask you will create, that should help you

1 Like

Ok, but what happens with all the current crypto holdings I have in Metamask? They just remain under the new phrase key, ie block chain? I’d be importing those holding into block chain effectively? Until making a new Metamask and I’d need to move all those holding to the new Metamask as well? That idea scares me, having all those holding go over to Blockchain even if it;s to be temporary…

So, can anyone answer this? What happens with all the current crypto holdings I have in my Chrome browser Metamask? Am I changing the current seed phrase in my current MM by importing the Blockchain seed phrase? This is confusing to me.

I made a new MM account in my Firefox browser using the Blockchain seed phrase but it is empty, 0 Eth. Apparently the ETH at Blockchain did not transfer?

If I do as User890 suggests in my Chrome MM, how do I create a new MM account? Same as the first one from Metamask. website and add it as an extension? One can have 2 cases of the same MM extension? This is the stuff that is confusing to me and I want to be clear I’m not doing something that is a risk to the current crypto holdings I have in my Chrome MM.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

1 Like

When you import the seed phrase of Blockchain in a brand new MM, if the address of your eth wallet is the same as the eth address of your Blockchain wallet, then it is successful.

Thanks for your reply!

Well, not sure what to say… Made sure everything was correct, new wallet was made as an ETH wallet and as far as I can tell everything is matching, just zero ETH balance. When I go to Blockchain the ETH balance shows there. I need to figure out what’s up with that… Is there a time lag before the balance moves over?

Is the address of this wallet the same as your Blockchain wallet address?

You know what, I’m pretty sure it is, but let me double check that… I’ll be a few mins here, in the middle of something I gotta finish.

Yes it is. I’m looking at the account in Blockchain. The wallet showing the positive ETH balance there has the same address as the MM wallet I have in Firefox. The MM wallet in Firefox has a ETH balance of zero ETH… :frowning:

According to MM’s blockchain scan, it is impossible.
Are you sure both are using the same chain?

I’m puzzled too. In my Firefox browser MM the only available option is Eth Smartchain Mainnet, so it has to be on that, right? As to what Blockchain has going on at their end, I do not know, nor know how to check… They have their own crypto exchange now, so maybe that means they have an entirely different chain? I have no idea…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.