I did not get my token using the Swap button

Yes , as you can see , this clearly shows there was a swap . Unlike the previous one . There may have been a mixup somewhere. Have you applied for a support ticket ?

1 Like

The SWAP today failed and hopefully mixup can be fixed. The SWAP took my ETH, sent it to an auto-populated wallet address, and did not return the LRC. The Ether is now sitting in the wallet that I suspect is part of the MetaMask backend for SWAP protocols.

I submitted at ticket:

And the ticket id looks like it failed, or is nonresponsive:

Joining MetaMask and the technology is super cool. But I am concerned that when bugs occur (which they always will and is acceptable) there may not be sufficient ability to trace errors.

There are at least 10 similar type errors of “no funds received after using Swap” posted in the Community threads.

I hope Mods & Coding teams can help resolve this case, and set a clear path moving forward. I will be the most zealot advocate for MetaMask if they can :slight_smile: :grinning: :smiley:

This will also be taken into consideration, but be patient . A technical support will assist you soon . Just turn on your notifications and check your timeline for any more solution to get your tokens back to your wallet .

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem exchanging bnb for xmt token, nothing came back, support is not responding

1 Like

Hey @Yury5665, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Thanks for submitting a ticket to our support team, they will be with you as soon as they can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How did you try to swap your ETH to LRC? Did you click the Swap button on MetaMask? Can you explain the steps you took?

Please also keep in mind that Ethereum mainnet and Binance Smart Chain are different networks that use different tokens.

1 Like

Hello @nakedwinnie - Sorry about my delay, I was timed out of responding for 24-hours due to community rules for new users.

Here is my process: On the MetaMask plugin (using the same Chrome Browser Extension that worked to complete a swap last week), now on the Ethereum Network, I clicked on Swap Button, selected from ETH to LRC, previewed the Swap, and then Accepted the Swap. The result was the removal of ETH funds from my wallet and no LRC was added. I went to Etherscan to investigate what happened and was surprised to find my designated swap money sitting in a wallet whose address I never inputted, nor do I know the source. I only used a the MM Swap Button

I swapped ETH to LRC yesterday. LRC is hosted on the Ethereum blockchain.

This appears to be systematic error with Swaps, as now dozens of users have experienced the same glitch/bug/theft.

Tech Support is not helping to address my concern. They closed my ticket without acknowledging that I didn’t initiate this transfer, without checking if the wallet where my tokens are currently at is part of a MetaMask protocol, and didn’t acknowledge that countless others are similarly having Swap button issues (i.e. bug / vulnerability / crime is present)

What are my options?

Hello, I’ve checked for you and found that you only made a 0.145eth transfer without swap. If you have any questions, you can click “activity” in the metamask plug-in wallet to view the recent activity records

Hi - The ETH->LRC Swap Buttin triggered a Transfer. This is the way an incomplete Swap is being reported. This is a MetaMark system bug, error, or crime. Numerous other users have made similar complaints on the community thread. I have stated this 3 times now in the thread and two others users comment on this thread that they had a similar experience. I did not input the wallet address where my Ether was sent. It was automatically populated after pressing the MetaMask Swap Button. I do not have other Smart Contract enabled. This purely happened through use of MetaMask Swap Button.

What are my options or recourse? MetaMask claims they are responsible for MetaMask Swaps Buttons? If there is no other recourse then this is a financial crime. And the level of other users experiencing the same issue makes it systematic. There is no way System Engineers or Moderators are unaware.

Please advise.

Sorry to hear the issue still continues.
If you would like, you can submit a ticket to our support team at
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation,
My suggestion is to cancel all authorizations before the address or change to a new address, because many authorizations are malicious. Of course, if you insist that the problem is metamask, you can submit comments on it and let engineers check the code

I already submitted a ticket request. I do insist that it is a MetaMask Swap Button issue.

The ticket request was closed without any support being provided.

Here is what I tried and saw:
(A) I tried really hard to engage the community as evidenced in this thread,
(B) Attempted troubleshooting 2 times with System Tickets: #863486 & #862606 with immediate closes and no investigation.
(C) Seeing Community posts detailing the graveyard lost money due to incomplete Swaps, more than +50 posts of different users, and estimated at nearly $100,000
(D) I tried to ask about this on MetaMask Reddit, but the moderators censor any negative questions and curtail any problematic information from becoming visible.

Here is what I now think:
(E) MetaMask software is dangerous, systematically buggy and there is zero support
(F) The Community & Engineers are aware of lost money due to Swap and are ignoring it or are complicit
(G) MetaMask is profiting after each transaction, and many of these transactions through MetaMask Swap Buttons are theft and therefore criminal
(H) My ether currently is sitting in this wallet: 0x235f9dca5246043878944821c9f60898446155f0 , and a future investigation will likely learn it is a wallet owned by MetaMask and used in faulty Swaps protocols.

Here is what will likely happen:
(I) MetaMask will be reported to financial regulators
(J) MetaMask will likely face a class-action lawsuit by investors for being complicit in fraud and Consensus Software & JP Morgan will have headaches
(K) A better developer of web 3 Ethereum wallet products will dominate over MetaMask

I documented everything I experienced in troubleshooting, how untrustworthy Swap in MetaMask Button appears to be, and hope many users find and read this post to either put pressure to acknowledge/address the issue or make an informed decision to use a safe web 3 product. (Edited for readability)

1 Like

Hey @xemltil12345, thank you for sharing more information and so sorry to hear about all the frustration. I have contacted the support team and they will directly look into your submitted ticket issue again.

2 Likes