Integrate Bancor into the Swap feature

Problem: The swap feature search doesn’t include Bancor. Given how the DEX has the 5th highest TVL according to DefiPulse, it’s definitely interesting to integrate it. Bancor’s routing only goes through two swaps (TKN1->BNT->TKN2), so swaps on it are often cheaper than with other protocols. 1INCH integration includes Bancor but not directly.

Solution: Integrate Bancor Network into the swap feature.

Benefits: Cheaper trades by including one more liquidity provider.

Agreed. Bancor’s TVL continues to increase steadily along with its features for traders. Why would we want to limit consumer choice in Metamask?

10 Likes

It’s borderline negligent that Bancor and others was left out of this aggregation, but i dropped my jaw, when i saw this thread on the topic: https://twitter.com/defi_farmboy/status/1391878860883464193?s=20

I would urge MetaMask to adjust the communication until this has been fixed, and i will stop using this feature today until addressed.

13 Likes

Fully agree. Bancor should be there.

8 Likes

Absolutely echo this with my own experience, give us cheaper fees, easily one of the top Defi to trade, I always check it too, the limit order feature is extra handy too. They were implementing a new trader incentive/subsidise trader fees.

6 Likes

Bancor should be here, problem with only going through 1inch is you’re also adding their router’s fee. makes sense to aggregate the DEXs themselves rather than rely on a third party Aggregator.

7 Likes

Yes, with this solution, you’re:

1. Paying metamask router fee,
  2. Paying 1Inch router fee,
  3. Paying Bancor’s router fee,

Aggregators aggregating aggregators don’t make sense from a consumer perspective if the goal is to make a better end user product.

11 Likes

This would benefit Metamask users greatly. Strongly in favour of this proposal.

It simply is not “the best price every time” without direct Bancor swaps.

9 Likes

I agree. I check Bancor before using the Metamask swap feature and it would be better to see it integrated so I could be lazy :smiley:

8 Likes

Bancor now has some of the deepest pools and lowest swap fees in DeFi. This would be a great addition for MetaMask users!

10 Likes

This is long overdue. Metamask should have included Bancor from the start. Great proposal and great opportunity to amend that.

12 Likes

TVL growth of Bancor has exceeded that of any other DEX in the last few months, and with trader incentives on the way it makes no sense to leave Bancor out of the list of decentralised exchanges!

12 Likes

I’m honestly shocked Metamask hasn’t taken it upon themselves to have already done this. It absolutely needs to happen. With Bancor usually having the lowest swap fees/slippage rate along with some of the most TVL in their pools. It doesn’t make much sense not to integrate Bancor into the swap feature Metamask offers. The outcome would simply be another cheaper option for the people who utilize this feature, which I cannot see the user base being opposed to. This would most likely even cause more swapping to be done using Metamask only benefiting the development of the project.

10 Likes

Adding the most unique DEX in the top 5 is a no-brainer in terms of choice/diversity for Metamask users

8 Likes

Thoroughly disappointed that we have to petition MetaMask for such an obvious choice as Bancor

9 Likes
  • Bancor is a well known actor in the space.
  • It has good liquidity and volume.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a mutual benefit to add Bancor to the Swap Feature.
In fact, I don’t see any drawback.

7 Likes

Huge fan of Bancor. Would love to see added to swap!!

6 Likes

Love MetaMask. Love Bancor. Why not be friends? A vote from me for Bancor on the swap feature.

8 Likes

I was wondering why I don’t see bancor there, it’s my number one place to LP and trade atm would be amazing to have it listed directly on metamask

7 Likes

Would love to see Bancor integrated to Metamask, definitely will benefit everyone in the space, cheaper swaps, best AMM out there.

7 Likes