Issue/error with gassless signatures in Chrome

Since a few days ago, gassless signatures fail to take place when I use Chrome. The issue is as follows:

They seem to even not be sent by Chrome. For instance, when I try to verify the signature using etherscan utility , the signature request does not even pop up. This is usually the case in all dapps requiring this kind of signature.

I found a website where this problem even returns an error code. It happens when trying to sign in in BlastApi Consumer App . When I click to send the message for signing it with MetaMask, I receive the following error:

Unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON at position 1

I would gladly link to those website but for some reason I am not allowed to include them in this post

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension a few times with no improvement. I must also mention this only happens in Chrome. I also use Firefox and there is no issue there. Also, this problem seems to have turned around a week ago or so. Not sure if it has to do with some kind of browser/extension update. I have not been able to gather any more valuable info, but if you instruct me on what to look for I will post it here.

Thanks

Hello @krypston, welcome to MetaMask community!

It would be best if you contact Support team at https://support.metamask.io and click Start a Conversation so we can capture and address this issue in a more direct way.

support

Once you click Start a conversation a live chat bot will appear on your screen. It will give you an automated response at first, but afterwards you should be able to contact the support team directly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.