Add Bluetooth support to Mobile App and/or Chrome Extension (Ledger Nano X)

@nakedwinnie Any news you can share? I can’t wait to finally use my ledger with my phone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Updates will be provided as soon as we can, thank you for your patience!

3 Likes

Any plan to have ledger support on mobile app (iOS)?

2 Likes

Updates will be provided as soon as we can, thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Is there any sort of progress or status that can be provided on this beyond “Updates will be provided as soon as we can”? For example, is this actively being worked on and just a few bugfixes away from being released, versus hasn’t even started development? On the Ledger blog, this functionality was stated to be coming in Fall 2022 and it is already getting to the end of the year.

It is being actively worked on! Once we have more info, we will share.

3 Likes

Are you able to get a timeline from the team and share it and can you also confirm that it’ll be available on both Android and IOS when released?

1 Like

Unfortunately not for now, we will provide more updates and information as soon as we can!

2 Likes

Any word on when Bluetooth will be incorporated into MetaMask mobile to use with ledger???

Apologies but not at the moment, we will provide updates as soon as we can!

2 Likes

i agree that MetaMask mobile should be able to connect to our ledger.
but not only with bluetooth. i can connect my ledger live on my phone with a cable just like on pc.
what i agree on is that MetaMask mobile (ios/android) should be able to connect to a hardware wallet (bluetooth or cable), just like in the desktop.
i found odd that on desktop you can connect to 4 different hardware wallets and on mobile you can only use 1.

it shouldn’t be much of a problem since the code is already done. you just need to export to ios/android. (but im no developer… that is just my opinion)

1 Like

MetaMask and ledger at chrome works pretty nice. Now it’s time to mobile (iphone at last) :))

1 Like

This feature was supposed to be released in fall and it wasn’t. There’s a prominent blog post about it on the ledger website.

Let me be straight here: I am completely fed up with owning a product that does not support the simplest feature (Bluetooth) for what I bought it for - ALMOST A YEAR AGO. What is taking you so long? Honestly everyone who bought the Nano X should demand a refund for false advertisement.

I’m just writing this ledger off as a complete flop and move to a competitor.

Now that we are officially in 2023, any news on this (at least a roadmap or estimated timeline)?

2 Likes

I am really sorry to not be able to provide clearer updates and I understand the frustration. Thank you so much for your patience and I will provide more information and an estimated timeline as soon as I can.

2 Likes

Wish Ledger and MetaMask would either get this done or be transparent about the status and holdup. The communication on this is a bit of a joke.

1 Like

Looking at the FR for this on Github it currently unassigned (MetaMask-mobile repo on Github, issue # 1237)

A pull request related to this feature had activity up to 7 months ago but seems to have gone dead since (MetaMask-mobile repo on Github, pull # 4088)

What gives? Is this basically abandoned?

This is not abandoned, just delayed. So sorry for the inconvenience but we will update you as soon as we can!

5 Likes

update on MetaMask recently in app store. still not implemented?

This requested feature is not involved in the recent update

2 Likes