Add Bluetooth support to Mobile App and/or Chrome Extension (Ledger Nano X)

This function is very good and convenient to use, I hope it can be realized

Alright guys, I think itā€™s time we get some communication on this topic, @nakedwinnie

Please no more ā€œWe will update you as soon as we canā€. It has been literally two years by now since this topic has been opened. This blog post here ledger(.)com/blog/ledger-MetaMask-strengthen-partnership-ledger-nano-x-soon-compatible-with-MetaMask-mobile-app is from last July, but it stated that the feature releases ā€œsoonā€ - I mean, I work in software dev too, and I know that timelines are more of a suggestion, but come on.

Just tell us, what is the issue? Can we help? What do you need to ship this ASAP?

5 Likes

The team is aiming to launch this feature this quarter.

Iā€™m really sorry about the delay and understand the frustration, I try to communicate and provide as much information as possible, and will always let you know when more updates can be shared.

3 Likes

Please make this function possible. We desperately need Bluetooth MetaMask for mobile app on nano X

1 Like

I need this feature before I travel in April. k thanks.

Hello,

It seems that itā€™s not a technical issue. If it was the case, the feature would have already been implemented. I canā€™t imagine your devs are not able to do it safely within 2 yearsā€¦ or we have another issue hereā€¦ :slight_smile:
Last year you said that it was for 2022.

Why donā€™t you just say that itā€™s not MetaMask stragegy to implement it. You may have your reasons and everyone could accept it but please, donā€™t let people wait like thisā€¦

3 Likes

12 days. Are they still on target for a launch before the end of q1?

1 Like

Cant wait for this! This is a must have

1 Like

Three days left in q1, hope it will be delivered and i can take out my nano x from the drawer

1 Like

For real man. If we dont get it im switching wallets. Plent of wallets out there that support this feature already.

1 Like

Is the option enabled?

Unfortunately this feature was not delivered in Q1. Iā€™m very sorry to share the news and I will provide more updates whenever I can.

And good news, ledger is also working on a browser extension :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Turns out when you wait long enough someone else will drink your milkshake. Rainbow wallet released an option to connect a ledger nano x with their iOS app, which is basically just what we always wanted. Turns out itā€™s not that hardā€¦

1 Like

currently on ios, Zerion wallet and 1inch wallet support ledger nano x !!

1 Like

Any news on this at all?

1 Like

Time to give up on MetaMask deliving this seemingly simple feature, I mean ledgers with Bluetooth have been out for over 4 years already?

I have today tried all 3 wallets mentioned above, Rainbow, 1inch and Zerion on android, all have working support for Ledger by Bluetooth.

We donā€™t have any updates to share yet, but once we hear something we will post here right away!

1 Like

Still no news and no dates. Security is very important and lack in Ledger support is a strong limitation.
You are forcing your users to look for other walletsā€¦

2 Likes

Can anyone recommend an alternative to ledger and MetaMask that solves this though? Will switch if there is.

2 Likes