Add Bluetooth support to Mobile App and/or Chrome Extension (Ledger Nano X)

YES TEAM PLS ADD THIS FEATURE.
I have my NFTs in my Nano X and i wish I can list my NFTs there on OS through mobile!

Please integrate ledger with metamask mobile!

8 Likes

have been wanting that too for a long time.
The way that the android application work is useless for me now.
I do everything using my nano X for safety.
This would allow me to do transaction with my phone instead of my computer, which would be very convenient when I canā€™t use my computer.

6 Likes

Does someone know why Metamask does not want add the feature right now ?

6 Likes

omgā€¦ the reason i bought a ledger nano x has been a lie! whats the bluetooth for then!?

9 Likes

You can connect to Ledger Live on mobile through Bluetooth :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Made an account just to ask for this. Please MetaMask we need this!!!

9 Likes

+1 still waiting for this

12 Likes

It would be really cool if there was such a feature

13 Likes

:star_struck: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:The team takes time, itā€™s a huge project

13 Likes

+1 please add this feature

13 Likes

not neccessary for most of the uses.
no need .

12 Likes

but you canā€™t access chains such as Avalanche which does not have native Ledger Live integration. You are required to use 3rd party walletā€¦

10 Likes

So, itā€™s been a little over a month since this comment was posted. Is there any update on ETA?

Everyday, I find myself perplexed that the market leading hot wallet and the market leading hardware wallet do not have iOS mobile integration, but wallets like Keplr doā€¦ Not having Ledger Bluetooth support in the iOS mobile app really impacts/limits my investing and is incredibly frustrating. Really hope this is coming soon.

On a side note, why did MetaMask decide to prioritize Keystone hardware wallet integration over Ledger?

Thank you for listening to the community and having this next on the list of developments!

16 Likes

The team is working on it, and you can expect it in the near future!

I know the wait can be frustrating, but this is something that is being worked on and will be released. Thank you so much for your patience! :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Hello! Any updates? I canā€™t get access to my NFT on Ledger-Metamask wallet in Avalance C-Chain network because I canā€™t use Metamask Mobile with Ledger. Any solution?

16 Likes

At the moment, the desktop browser extension is the only way to connect Metamask to a Ledger device.

Mobile support for more hardware wallets is coming; it just takes time for the team to develop the integration, test it internally, Push to Git for public review, then Push to the Apple and Google stores for their review.

Our team is all Metamask users that want this feature too. (Iā€™ve had to remote in to my desktop from my phone to do some transactions because my partner is just barely techie enough to get my HWW plugged in and unlocked. lol. We get it.)

Security can never take a back seat, so we want to make certain that features work as expected.
Thanks for your continued patience while we assure this is implemented with our strict security protocols.

23 Likes

Just bought a Ledger Nano X with the intention of using it with MetaMask Mobile and was very surprised this integration hasnā€™t been set up yet! Not that I intend to use it as much as MetaMask, but Pera Wallet for Algorand does have the ability to use Nano X (and is only available on mobile).

14 Likes

Another vote from me. Works great on Firefox extension. Disappointed to not see it on mobile app.

15 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that Metamask Mobile app does not yet support Bluetooth so canā€™t use Ledger Nano X with mobile version. Also surprised that NFT are only supported in mobile version. Seems like a security issue if you canā€™t protect NFT with hardware wallet.

10 Likes

NFTs can be stored in a Hardware wallet and accessed through the desktop app, though they arenā€™t automatically added or displayed like the mobile app.

Creating a more unified experience between the mobile app and browser extension is a current target for both halves of the develop team. The Extension team is working on bringing the NFT features from the mobile app to the extension. The Mobile side of the team is working on adding support for more hardware vendors.

12 Likes