BNB shows as ETH in Metamask wallet

I have a Metamask wallet and added the Binance Smart Chain. I’ve been mining and receiving BNB into the wallet with no problems. I know how to switch between Ethereum Mainnet and the Binance Smart Chain. When I switch to Smart chain my BNB total (which is correct) shows as ETH? I know the total BNB in my wallet is correct, but displayed as ETH the value is much higher.
Not complaining but I know its not right. Is this a glitch with Metamask? or something I have done.
I’ve tried changing the currency type in the Smart Chain network settings but it won’t let me change it from ETH to display BNB?

5 Likes

will do thanks. I wanted to see if anyone had heard of such a thing or if it was a common glitch.

1 Like

Just placed a ticket with Metamask… Glad to hear its a glitch and not something I did. I mean, I love the extra cash…but I know its not going to fly somewhere.

1 Like

Be carefull with the user “program”. He is a scammer trying to make you click his links.

2 Likes

When you have selected the BSC network in the top, then you see the letters ETH and the logo for ETH ? and not BNB ?

If you check your address at bscscan(.)com, I guess you still see your BNB ?

1 Like

Yes when BSC IS selected as the network at the top ETH I’d displayed. NNB scan of my address shows the same number of token but BNB.
Program has never sent any links, just given advise, I searched and placed the support ticket independently.
Thanks

Adam

2 Likes

It sounds like some kind of glitch. I would try to install Metamask on another computer or maybe another browser on the same computer, import your seed phrase and see if all works fine in this new install.

Just be sure to have your seed phrase and not share it with others

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I will see what support has to say but I’ll keep you suggestion in mind.
To be fair Program never shared any links and did give a solid suggestion. Not sure if you have caught him scamming others, because otherwise it seems unfair to delete his suggestion.

Adam

1 Like

@longpaddle user: program was a classic scammer :slightly_smiling_face: his all the post are delete.

4 Likes

Alright…well for whatever reason he didn’t try and scam me. Just told me it’s a glitch and told me to open a ticket with support, but he never provided a link? I wouldn’t have used even if he did …but weird he didn’t try

Adam

1 Like

These are common scammer tactics :slightly_smiling_face: advised you (wanted to look friendly) but in another post deceived the user.
He used metamask avatar :fox_face: wanted to look like metamask support.

3 Likes

Thanks @Bobby and @BlueSpaceBike about the scammer warning :slight_smile:

@longpaddle the official channel to contact the support team is at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation

2 Likes

Ya I get it … but then he never tried.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.