Brave extension not working anymore [SOLVED]

Hi,

I am using the latest version of MetaMask (10.25.0 from 14 February 2023) with the latest version of Brave ( v1.49.120 from 9 March 2023) on my MacBook Pro (running macOS 13.2.1). Until a couple of days ago, everything was working fine, but now I am simply not able to connect to anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MM, but to no avail.

Although the latest versions of MM and Brave are relatively recent, they were not released in the past 48 hours, so I am really puzzled as why my MM stopped working all of a sudden. (FWIW, I installed MM in Chrome and it’s all fine there.)

Cheers, DocOx.

1 Like

Hello @DocOx, welcome to MetaMask community!

On the browser you use, do you also have Phantom wallet installed as extension? It may interfere with your MetaMask’s ability to interact with dApps.
If so, update Phantom wallet, cause they have a fix for this issue with the new update, or just deactivate the Phantom wallet extension, in case you don’t need it or have your Secret Recovery Phrase for it saved up somewhere safe.

2 Likes

Argh, that was it indeed. I removed the Phantom wallet extension and installed the latest version and now everything is back to normal. Not sure why it stopped working all of a sudden though. Either way, thanks a lot @Chinzilla, much appreciated!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.