Can't send tokens to another address, can't transfer between accounts

I can see that i have the tokens in my wallet but when i hit “Send”, enter the recipient address I am sending to and the number of coins, I can not proceed to the next screen. I have even tried sending tokens between metamask accounts and still there is no way to procced to the next screen after entering the address i am sending to. The “next” button is not available and in faint grey so I can not access it. Please help? This is very concerning that there is no way to send tokens out. Thank you

Same problem. No help from support. Furthermore to add insult to injury, I thought that reinstalling MM would correct the issue, used the seed words to restore the account and access to two of the public addresses has been lost. The addresses weren’t imports…Can’t transact, lost access to 2 MM public addresses with assets, and support doesn’t care enough to respond…Do what I’m doing my friend, get your private keys and move to another wallet (not a hot wallet). I really liked MM, having been using it for 3 years but the issues this week are unacceptable. We’re a non-profit that built a digital complementary currency on the EVM and have transfers to make…