Does Metamask supports unicode and/or special characters that can be used as password?

Greetings,

I want to enhance my browser extension wallet’s security, and in order to do that, I plan to use Unicode/special characters as part of my passwords. Does MetaMask browser extension wallet supports such feature? For example, I want to include Chinese characters in my password, but then I’m afraid if MM doesn’t support Unicode, and then I’ll be locked out of my wallet.

Edit: also, are there password character limit? Can I use, for example, a 200-character long password without breaking the wallet?

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

I just tried to use the Chinese password on the extension, but I couldn’t enter Chinese when enter the password, so I copied the Chinese as the password. It does unlock extension wallet. But it is very troublesome to use, because every time you unlock, you need to copy and paste the Chinese part of the password. It may introduce additional insecurities.
The above is just my personal experience as a reference. :joy:

4 Likes

Hm, I think this would be a good feature request @Vanire - would you want to start one for this?

1 Like

Roger, should I post a feature request on this forum, or should I open an issue directly on MM Github repo?

2 Likes

Hello,
I think it would be good to post a feature request on the forum.

2 Likes

Roger, I would do that in a jiffy. Apologize for my belated reply, I’m kinda busy in RL.

1 Like

Done. Please support my proposal.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks for creating the feature request! :tada:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.