Enable 2FA to authorise transactions

I’ve recently lost coins I’ve held because this is not a feature. I have no idea why it isn’t still a feature despite Trust Wallet and many exchanges using it as a basic security protocol protecting the user from unwanted access.

The hacker who hacked me freely transferred my coins into ETH and sent the ETH to another wallet. Had this been a feature I would not have authorised the transaction and still hold my investment.

Please implement as a matter of urgency to all users.

@MaulluaM
Thank you for the suggestion! What you are referring to is commonly known as two-factor authentication, which actually does not support MetaMask’s security because MetaMask is a non-custodial wallet.

You can read more about this topic here:https://community.metamask.io/t/why-doesnt-2fa-help-metamask/8880?u=xf0707

2 Likes

As @xf0707 said, metamask is a decentralized product. The reason for your concern is fully explained in the post linked above. The only thing we can do is to keep our private key, don’t disclose it, and don’t click on unfamiliar links. In the world of blockchain, strengthening security protection is a subject that we all must attach great importance to.

1 Like

So… no hope for an address whitelisting feature too?

This has been requested, you can follow and vote for the thread here:

1 Like

:face_with_peeking_eye: already done , sorry :sweat:

1 Like