Error 500 When requesting 1 ether

I tried to request one ether from faucet metamask io and got the following error:

Error: 500 {“error”:"[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“message”:“Too Many Requests”,“data”:{“originalError”:{}},“stack”:“Error: Too Many Requests\n at eval (/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:52:23)\n at Request.eval [as _callback] (/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:54:11)\n at Request.self.callback (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)\n at Request.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at Request.eval (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:1155:10)\n at Request.emit (events.js:315:20)\n at IncomingMessage.eval (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:1077:12)\n at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:421:28)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22)\n at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1327:12)”}}’"}

  • My metamask extension shows connected
  • I removed the adblocker from that site
  • I cleaned cookies and cache from Chrome browser
  • Tried getting ether from other faucets and didn’t work out
  • Created a new metamask account and also didn’t work
  • I tried with and without using VPN
1 Like

I get the same error as well :cry: on Ropsten Test Network

Uninstallaing metamask extension/creating new account etc didn’t help.

Same here :frowning: isn’t there other way to get test eth?

I am getting this same error message. I don’t know how to fix this. I’m trying to get some test ETH to work on a project.

Hi guys. I’m a newbie in the crypto - world and I have the same problem (Too many requests). Any help? Also discord login doesn’t work (wrong redirect url).

This isn’t working for me either. I’ve tried a bunch of different faucets and nothing is coming through. On Ropsten Test Network and tried to use their faucet. It seems like it’s empty though. Sort of screwed on moving forward until there’s a solution for this.

I even tried making an entirely new wallet and used a different browser and I still get the same results.

edit2: Instead of waiting or trying to figure out the issue, I did isolate it to Ropsten, switched to Rinkeby, and its faucet seems to work perfectly fine. So I can’t imagine this is a wallet issue. Something with Ropsten or its faucets specifically.

please no one listen to this guy it’s obviously a phishing attempt