Error connecting to Binance Smart Chain

This is not a new issue, but I have not seen a post about it recently. Just today, after using this account for over two years, I can no longer connect to my Binance Smart Chain network. Any attempts to edit the network account RPC URL to alternates fail. When I attempt to switch to it I get the “Connecting to BNB Smart Chain” message and then “Oops! Something went wrong.” My MM extension and Chrome browser is up to date. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hi @buddyia
One thing you can try is to remove the network and then add it back again.

And also make sure the browser permissions are on →

4 Likes

I get this warning under the Chain ID
Could not fetch chain ID. Is your RPC URL correct?

It almost looks like a network error, except nobody else is posting about it. It makes me afraid to delete it, although I guess it does not matter if I can’t connect to it anyway.

1 Like

I would try to remove it and add it back again, see if that fixes it. No harm in that.
And also clear browser cache and cookies.

2 Likes

I did all and nothing is changed.

hi. What Urban.Moods provides is the commonly used method.

There is some similar post here, you can try using the information provided by Luigi.

3 Likes

Then yes, just like @tuya advised above, this would have been my next suggestion, to re-add the network with a different rpc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok trying all of these.

So far I get - Could not fetch chain ID. Is your RPC URL correct? after entering 56 or 0x38 in the chain ID.

Try using a different RPC Endpoint (URL) :point_down: you can find them here:

Or try to add the BNB Chain network with the help of the website: https://chainlist.org/chain/56

5 Likes

Ahhh you guys are good. I just start using different RPC URLs off of chainlist until one didn’t reject the Chain ID and then it worked. Thanks so much!

4 Likes

Of course, you are welcome! Glad we were all able to help here and also thanks for taking the time to let us know it worked :slight_smile:

3 Likes