Fail with error 'safemath subtraction overflow'

Getting a fail with error ‘safemath subtraction overflow’ when trying to create a node on project x. Transaction immediately states it will fail. I have enough gas and even raised the limits for the transaction and always fails.

Any ideas?

Hi Noelle,

My MM in my browser is already 10.8. I even closed the browser (ff needed to update as well) and still didn’t work. I get a ‘gas limit must be at least 21000’ message real quick then the notification that the transaction will fail but I can still try. I adjusted the gas limit several times. Its defaulted at something silly like 7.6 million. I changed to 21000 and even doubled it to 42000. I have plenty of gas for the fee. I’ve tried in Chrome as well and still the same result.

Thanks. I submitted to that telegram and waiting on a response.

It has not. No one has gotten back to me yet.

Hey @CoMatrix , welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Please ignore the previous posts from the scammer, the account has been banned. MetaMask will only provide support through this community forum or through their official support channel :point_down:

The subtraction overflow error is not a gas issue, but rather an integer error in the code. Here is more information that will help you:

1 Like

Thanks for both the updates. Explanation helps, but it doesn’t solve my problem trying to make a purchase. I don’t see anyone else having this issue from the site I’m trying to do the transaction on, so it makes me think it’s something in particular to me. And I have no clue how to fix it.

Are you writing code, or are you trying to make a purchase? If this error shows up when you are trying to make a purchase it is likely an issue with the smart contract you are interacting with. First and foremost, please make sure you are interacting with a legitimate website.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.