Getting JSON RPC error

Hi Team,

I am getting JSON RPC Error but this issue is only on Base network. I’ve checked the RPC link which i added. It was working great from months but now suddenly getting error whenever i try to do transaction. How to resolve this?

4 Likes

Hi @cab00676,
Does this occur on mobile? If yes, check the Chain ID also, make sure its 8453.

2 Likes

No, Its on Brave browser on macbook. Checked different RPCs as well as the Chain ID. Everything is OK… have lodged this issue in MM tickets. They’re investigating.

1 Like

Allright then. In the meantime you can also remove the network and add it back again, see if that works.

3 Likes

Yes, Done that multiple times but still was facing the issue. Seems like have to create other wallet to do base network activity :frowning: unless MetaMask team come with any resolution.

@cab00676,

Have you added another RPC for the Base network? If not, please add an appropriate RPC from the following link. Click on the small arrow at the bottom of the Base network box and add another RPC to your MetaMask wallet.

https://chainlist.org/?search=base

4 Likes

I got response from MM Team but before that Issue was resolved automatically. I had already tried all the things which MM Team guided me in latest email message.

3 Likes

@cab00676 Please i have the same trouble like you. Swap or Bridge ETH on Base Chain Network JSON-RPC error !!!

How can you solve it, please help me.

I’ll take a look if you can provide your address. If that is not something you feel comfortable with then please try to following:

1. Check your address on basescan and find the latest succesful transaction executed by you. Find the nonce of that and add 1 to it. I.e. if the nonce of the latest TX you executed (not ingoing transaction) is 10 then we will use nonce 11.
  2. Use the custom nonce method explained here: How to speed up or cancel a pending transaction | MetaMask Help Center 🦊♥️
  3. Make sure to manually edit the gas fee before self-sending. Set it to 0.2 GWEI.

Keep me updated.

4 Likes

Hi @dcacryptodaily,

This issue is usually related to the RPC. The following steps can help you.

1. Make sure that the network has been added correctly. You can add another RPC for the same network to your MetaMask using the following link.
    https://chainlist.org/
  2. Make sure that you have enough native tokens for the same network to pay the gas fee, i.e., make sure to have enough ETH on the Base network.
  3. Make sure that both the browser and your MetaMask are the latest versions.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Thank you @2Cu4 you save my life. I do like your instruction and it totally work !!!

1 Like

Glad to hear it worked :smiley: Happy to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.