How do you keep your gadgets, such as laptops and smartphones, secure?

How can you protect your gadgets against viruses and cyber threats on the internet? This is an instructional question for individuals who do not realise the gravity of cybercrime, so they may learn from others’ experiences as well as from my own.

2 Likes

First of all, always download applications from official websites and never use cracked or torrent versions of any app.

1 Like

second, always check the downloaded file from the internet by uploading it to Virustotal before you open it, whether it is software or a document.

1 Like

Third Never use public internet.

1 Like

Forth use strong passwords and set 2fa to all accounts.

Never store your passwords, recover phrase/seeds online (in your computer or cloud storage). Don’t copy paste them or take screenshot them.
Always note them down on a note book.

more than one .
In the past few months, the chat groups I belonged to have less than 3,000 people in total, 3 people lost their assets because the seeds recorded is gone.

2 Likes

Well in my experience in crypto more than 6 years I have met a number of people who lost their assets because of the phrase and two of them happened to be my close friends.

Always check software on sandbox if downloaded from unknown source.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.