Is there a risk involved by adding the token 'OTHERSIDE RAFFLE TOKEN OTHRVERSE.XYZ'?

HALLO, I have an urgent question please?
A added a token ‘OTHERSIDE RAFFLE TOKEN OTHRVERSE.XYZ’ to my ethereum mainnetwork Is there any risk involved here? And if so can I remove this token in any way? Should I do something please?

7 Likes

Hello, please do not add tokens of unknown origin. Here is a check tool that you can try. At the same time, please do not authorize unknown programs.

6 Likes

Hello Tksly, thanks for reply!
Okay I will not add those if I don’t know the origin of the token in the future!
But for now, is there any risk ? (as long if I am not connecting to any website or take part in airdrops?)
I tried to remove but this does not work?

1 Like

Hi @Luk !

If you don’t know where they came from, it is strongly suggested you don’t interact with them at all, including adding or removing. This way you do not interact with the contract which could be malicious.

5 Likes

How did you got these tokens? :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

2 Likes

Thanks KBee, for your reply, kind regards

1 Like

Hi Oktav, I saw the token on etherscan as one of my assets
So I was curious and I added the token to my MM (token has no value)
Afterwards I realised that it was not such a good idea :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello, as Mentioned by Tksly and KBee, It is never suggested to interact with unknown tokens. Now that you have added the token, you had better to remove it from your wallet. In your MetaMask wallet, under Assets, choose the token you would like to remove and then click on 3 dots (shown on the image) and hide the suspicious token that you have added.

5 Likes

Hi @Maryam, thnx for this!
I have to tell you that I tried that before but because I added this ‘fake token’ on my Iphone I can not see this 3 dots for hidding these kind of tokens, so I have no idea how to practice this?
At the other hand, in my browser on my laptop I can see the 3 dots and so there I can remove/hide it ! (but there I did not yet put this ‘fake token’ into my MM ;;-)))

1 Like

yeap, that is really a interesting thing:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Luk,
Thanks for the explanation. Then, be careful NOT to interact with the token and you will be safe.

3 Likes

There is no risk in adding the token itself, but it may be risky if any dapp trades with this token

2 Likes

yeap, like a scavange on account :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for this important circumstance .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.