Layered security feature

I just got hacked. However, I’m not writing this for pity or to request my funds back.
So last night, apparently someone got access into my metamask and sent almost remaining balances into his/her wallet.

This would’ve prevented if Metamask could provide some kind of layered security when another logged device is in or when a transaction was about to be made at every device or extension logged with the same wallet. The thing is, it happened when my metamask extension was on and since theres no notification or anything at all, no warning was issued and no log was made in the extension, UNTIL I CHECKED MY METAMASK APP FROM PHONE IN THE MORNING.

Most of the time of online crypto wallet got stolen is because users have no idea how many connections are currently accessing the wallet at the moment, and they wont sync the data with each other unless we manually sync or watch the phone app for the complete log after it’s done doing the transaction, meaning the funds are long gone

For better DeFi ecosystem for world to move from centralized, some level of security needs to be tightened.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

is metamask safe now? I hear a lot of guys getting hacked.

1 Like

Yes, I was taken out myself

1 Like

yeah, I suggest that when making metamask account there must be an email address to register…and if you will recover your account via seed phrase you must verify it on your email betore proceeding

I’m commenting with the hopes of someone from metamask notice the urgency of better security

1 Like

We are sorry to hear this. MetaMask is non custodial, so you have to make sure your take care of your security and guard your seed phrase.

Please see our security tips:

Also see how to use a hardware wallet to increase your security:
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020394612-How-to-connect-a-Trezor-or-Ledger-Hardware-Wallet

MetaMask is safe. It has not been hacked. What causes the “hacks” are poor security on the user’s side.

This is similar to an e-mail client not being broken for someone sharing their banking secrets with a stranger. Or via clicking on a malicious link sent via e-mail.