Safety at MetaMask and in the blockchain technology in general

safety at MetaMask and in general at blockchain technology :

How is it possible that the blockchain technology is not safe enough for cases like mine, which happened to me last days.

My MetaMask wallet was compromised by someone else. I received 0,176 etherum and just seconds after Someone did a transfer to an other wallet of 0,005 Eth, but with a transaction fee of 0,17 Eth with my wallet. How the fuck he got access to my wallet and why you are not safe from that at MetaMask? An why you have no possibility to find out from who is the wallet adress who took the assets?

I realy have the feeling this blockchain technology is just for cracks and gangsters. Verry sad. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Theā€˜re should be security systems within the wallet. It should be safer for the user. Maybe double check like a Mail if I caused the transaction ā€¦.

I mean a Mail from MetaMask to the user like : ā€ž did you caused this transaction to this wallet adressā€¦.ā€œ via sms or discord or what the hell something else ā€¦ā€¦

I lost 350$ which is a big pain in the ass ! I am not rich. It was a present of family and I just wanted to make a small invest. No I got the bill.

This technology is bad and sorry to say : not serious at all!

Purpose:

Extension/Mobile/Both:

Images/Attacments:

Hi friend! Very sorry to hear about your situation. I can imagine it being very unpleasant for you. However, MetaMask is not in control of user funds - all users are responsible for keeping their own wallet safe.
It seems like you have been exposed to a sweeper bot. Please donā€™t send more funds to your wallet anymore. Take a look here to learn more about sweeper bots: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/12091923128347-Sweeper-bots-scripts

1 Like

Please take a look here on how to stay safe:

My suggestion going forward would be to get in touch with the support team:

• Visit : https://support.metamask.io/

• Click the large blue ā€œstart a conversationā€ bubble in the upper middle of page, looks like this:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

2 Likes