Metamask-extension: Getting issue in local setup

I am getting issue in local setup i followed the path as defined in Building locally section but at the end when i run the command “yarn-start” it is getting stuck and am unable to run locally here is screenshot of that and previous discussion regarding that was not helpful. It is getting stuck after the line "scripts:core:dev:standardEntryPoints: Bundle end: “primary” "

Hi are you following this: Snaps quickstart | MetaMask developer documentation what yarn version are you on have you tried to restart

Hi 0xroosh thanks for replying, i am following this guideline and my yarn version is 4

could you share repo’s url pls

Here is the url :- GitHub - MetaMask/metamask-extension: 🌐 The MetaMask browser extension enables browsing Ethereum blockchain enabled websites

Thanks let me try reproducing

I’m sorry I’m still working on it, are you sure you followed everything here correctly did you configure those:

Could you show me the full log from the terminal when you do yarn start your screenshot cuts off and I see you are having 1 problem could you check it please:
Screen Shot 2023-10-14 at 10.04.05 AM

I followed all the steps given though i didn’t add “Segement write key” and “Sentry Dsn” because i couldn’t understand the use of it and the problem lies here where i run “yarn start” and instead of running dev mode it is stuck and till “yarn dist” everything seems to be working fine

Ok thanks did you build the project to the ./dist/ folder with yarn dist could you try please

Yes i already ran “yarn dist” and it ran successfully

and here is the folder that got created after running “yarn dist”

Thanks I tried myself I keep getting the same thing have you tried checking localhost if it’s running. By the way, there are 2 open issues about it on github: Add strong indication when development build completes · Issue #7391 · MetaMask/metamask-extension · GitHub
when i start yarn build:dev dev it takes too much time and it show like :[11:50:41] /home/shubham/Desktop/metamask-extension/dist/opera/background-6.js reloaded. · Issue #12341 · MetaMask/metamask-extension · GitHub

No localhost is not running. Do you know any other way around to set it up locally just for open source contirbution?

Try contributing: GitHub - MetaMask/metamask-extension: 🌐 The MetaMask browser extension enables browsing Ethereum blockchain enabled websites

Thanks, let me try with this

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.