My swap was approved but seen 0 and my token balance untouched

Hello community, I tried to swap in polygon mainet from pbuff to matic. The swap was approved and gas charged but the result was zero and my pbuff token remain

unchanged

1 Like

Hi friend! @Hardeyzeena

The screenshot you sent shows that you “Approved” pBuff to be traded. This does not mean that you initiated a swap, but that you gave permission to the smart contract (that the DEX made) to use your pBuff token. Before a DEX can swap your tokens, you need to give it permission, which is what you just did. The next step would be to make the swap.

Hope that answers your question - if not, then feel free to reach out again!

Note: ensure that you trust the DEX that you give permission to. You can learn more on that here: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/4446106184731-How-to-revoke-smart-contract-allowances-token-approvals
I strongly suggest you familiarize yourself with this to keep your funds safe.

Best regards, 2Cu4.

2 Likes

Your response was helpful @2Cu4 pls i was getting this attached picture when trying to connect to MetaMask and truly the second picture shows my token not yet control by MetaMask

Pls explain to me in detaila how to do this approving things

Hi friend
I’m not entirely sure what your screenshots are supposed to show but all you should do is go back to the DEX that you approved your token to be traded on and then do the swap . Of course you should ensure that the DEX is legit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.