Reset of Secret Recovery Seed Phrase

As we all know there are lots of fake NTF URL’s circulating in the web. To prevent that from happening I suggest that it is better to monthly change the phrase or have a menu to reset the phrase so no one can take advantage of the phase to still.

MFA is better than seed phrase imo

5 Likes

MFA? How does it work?

2 Likes

multi factor authentication. its another layer of security by sending a confirmation code to an email or phone number for confirmation when you log in metamask to a new device or when transferring tokens. i think that will greatly lessen the number of hacks. unfortunately i dont have any idea if metamask will add that kind of security.

5 Likes

Yeah but sadly they dont have two way authentication. That’s probably a must have security features.

3 Likes

its really sad. even in this community there are lots of scammers

2 Likes

Just wrote a feature request again on the MFA topic, please check it out! Thread is called;

‘Upgraded security required asap’

Spread the word and get this voted up so it comes to attention of the devs asap

1 Like

There are recorded hacks with using fake sim cards eg disabling your phone and getting simcard with your number to access your account. This scam has been used to access bank accounts.

yes there are stuff like that. but the wallet hacks in metamask will lessen if mfa is enabled.

It is not possible to reset a seed phrase aka secret recovery phrase. This is because of how the blockchain is designed. A seed phrase is NOT like a password.

Seed phrases are used to generate your accounts. The person who controls your seed phrase, controls all of the accounts.

If you seed phrase is compromised, immediately move all your assets to a new wallet with a new seed phrase.

See this:

2 Likes

MFA is not possible on decentralized apps like MetaMask. What you need is either a hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor.

See Start here: MetaMask Setup with Security Best Practices and Why doesn't 2FA help MetaMask

1 Like

My wallet was stolen, my fund was emptied, can I connect to a trust wallet as you said? There are metamask files, they are locked, they just couldn’t get them

but it does not allow you to move your heroes or game to that hardware wallet. more like saying, just give it to those scammers!