Revoke authorizations for a smart contract

Hi, if I revoke the authorizations for a contract, do I lose the tokens of that project or do they remain in the wallet? I ask why I’m not sure the contract is malicious, but when in doubt I want to temporarily block it, taking time and seeing what happens. If the project is not a scam I would like to be able to use those tokens again.

1 Like

Hello, welcome to metamask community. Your concern is right. You should clean up and authorize your address regularly, or try to change a new address to ensure the security of your account,There are some reliable third-party tools to clean up authorization, such as cointools

3 Likes

Thanks, but if I revoke the permissions, then I can authorize them again, and I don’t lose the tokens?

1 Like

The authorization itself will not lose the token. Unless you encounter the malicious authorization of the swindler project, you can send out your token contract address and I’ll take a look for you.

4 Likes

Hi Cryptocrazy -

Here is an article on Knowledge Base if it helps relating to revoking permissions. You can always authorize permissions again and as @Tksly shared you would not lose tokens in your possession just by revoking permissions.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, as soon as I connect to the PC I will send you the address of the token. Although strangely I can’t control it with antiscam.

thanks a lot of information.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.