Revoke authorizations for a smart contract

Hi, if I revoke the authorizations for a contract, do I lose the tokens of that project or do they remain in the wallet? I ask why I’m not sure the contract is malicious, but when in doubt I want to temporarily block it, taking time and seeing what happens. If the project is not a scam I would like to be able to use those tokens again.

Hello, welcome to metamask community. Your concern is right. You should clean up and authorize your address regularly, or try to change a new address to ensure the security of your account,There are some reliable third-party tools to clean up authorization, such as cointools

2 Likes

Thanks, but if I revoke the permissions, then I can authorize them again, and I don’t lose the tokens?

The authorization itself will not lose the token. Unless you encounter the malicious authorization of the swindler project, you can send out your token contract address and I’ll take a look for you.

4 Likes

Hi Cryptocrazy -

Here is an article on Knowledge Base if it helps relating to revoking permissions. You can always authorize permissions again and as @Tksly shared you would not lose tokens in your possession just by revoking permissions.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, as soon as I connect to the PC I will send you the address of the token. Although strangely I can’t control it with antiscam.

thanks a lot of information.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.