Search field for networks

On behalf of users and me personally, please make it possible to search for added networks.

I am a regular MetaMask user and I have over 20 networks. This should make it easier to use the extension.
It would be great to see:

Hello @denizinaction !
Welcome to the MetaMask community !

This is a good idea as an experimental feature, because not many people use a lot of networks.

3 Likes

I wanted to suggest a similar feature. I have around 30 networks on my wallet (considering the test networks), and sometimes, it is annoying to look for a network among those!

4 Likes

I like the idea of this, could definitely be helpful :thinking:

Maybe it would be best for as a setting you can toggle on/off, as @snwlprd.eth mentioned it wouldn’t benefit everyone.

Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

I think gradually by the mass adoption of cryptocurrency, the feature will be helpful for everyone, as large projects would like to have their own side chains. For example, currently, Arbitrum has two networks.

5 Likes

We definitly need it.
Don’t understand why it is not implemented.
I really think it’s the missing part of the UI.

1 Like

Description:
You can put a search bar in the drop-down menu of networks in the main page of MetaMask extension and mobile app.

Purpose:
To easily find your desired network among loads of networks in a flash and also I think it is a vital element for saving your time!

Extension/Mobile/Both:
Both

Images/Attacments:

1 Like

Good idea definitely possible but theres 100s of networks. Chainlist.wtf works great but ill bote for

1 Like

Hello @Hamed3,

The idea was suggested in September 2022. Please take a look at the following post:

5 Likes

Description:
Please add a search field in the list of networks

Purpose:
I do a lot of testing on various platforms and dapps on various networks. There are more than 30 networks added to my MetaMask, and every time I have to scroll through the list of blockchains for quite a long time. The search field will solve the problem of searching and speed up switching between networks.

Extension/Mobile/Both:
Extension

2 Likes

Hello,

Something missing from my point of view when using MetaMask app is a search function to select the network to use. Today with the multiplication of the available networks, something could be improve fro security and usability in this part.

Thanks for this great application and sorry for asking forever more.

Regards

2 Likes

Hey @Hulice, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Thanks for the feature request, the team is working on making it easier to add some popular networks in the near future!

2 Likes

Hello @nakedwinnie , thanks for your reply . Have a good day.

2 Likes

I was scrubbing the list of feature request to see if anyone has suggested; the addition of a Character Search box right before “Assets” or where appropriate; even with just showing coins with a balance option; coin list’s can be like scrolling a marathon list; Just a thought to add improve the processing of a transaction. They might just tell me; don’t be lazy, just go to expanded view and press ctlr+f … but that just adds a step instead of scrolling for dayz. Thank you for such a good resource. ( I’m not really just lazy, just a 90% disabled veteran who is sick, lame and lazy, cripple and crazy.

Respectfully,
WX2, ( woundedxwarrior )

4 Likes

Hey @WX2, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

You can also use https://chainlist.wtf/ to make adding networks easier :slight_smile:

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

3 Likes

As for the meantime while we are waiting for a massive vote before this feature can be implemented, at least can you guys make the list of networks sorted alphabetically? As more networks are being added with the recent appearances of different kind of networks and protocols, the list is growing. However, as you add new network, it was not being added as on the top or the bottom of the list, it was being added randomly in the list of the networks in the wallet, and because the window is fixed size also, it makes it much more difficult to scroll through the list of networks. At least if it’s sorted alphabetically, you know where to select…

2 Likes

I have over 35 networks added in MetaMask, it is painful to get my testnet stuff done because i have to search each time to switch networks as well the font size is much larger as if we can make fonts small more than 6 networks would be visible at the time of scrolling through networks. well much needed feature that is. please MetaMask do something about it.

2 Likes

MetaMask, when search bar? :pensive:

1 Like

Xtupax gostoso em qualquer lugar,garaio :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I lose 6 to 12 hours just searching networks daily, wen search bar? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes