Seed Phrase hack

MetaMask currently only has my presale crypto that I have purchased on it that has not airdropped yet. I entered my seed phrase on a website believing that it was validating my account, anyways I don’t have a lot but enough that I dont want to lose it either. Is there a way to move them before they airdrop or do I have to take my chances of losing them forever.

hi @jeepingirl4ya welcome to MetaMask community.

I entered my seed phrase on a website believing that it was validating my account

The seed phrase has been leaked and your wallet has been taken over by someone else.
It is strongly recommended that you use a new wallet.

Is there a way to move them before they airdrop or do I have to take my chances of losing them forever.

Contact the project team to ask if the tokens you purchased can be airdropped to a new wallet.
If not, you can transfer it to a new wallet immediately after the airdrop.

2 Likes

So call me naive, stupid or hopeful but I have a question. I only have presale tokens in there but I also had some ETH and they have not done anything with my account as of yet. When I entered my seed on the website and clicked continue it gave me an error

Error Importing Wallet!!
Multiple IOS and android wallets support the defi protocol. Simply click the try again button to re-connect your wallet…is it possible that they didnt get it by chance. I know I am trying to be very optimistic but deep down in shear panic that they have gotten it.

I think we should ensure the absolute safety of the wallet without any risk. :sweat_smile:

Your eth hasn’t been transferred, maybe someone didn’t record your seed phrase, or maybe they want to wait until you have enough funds to steal.

I still recommend that you recreate a wallet with new seed phrase, because it is safe and you don’t need to worry about the leaked seed phrase in the future.

3 Likes

As @tuya mentioned, it is best to move tokens out of your wallet immediately to a new MetaMask wallet.

2 Likes

I’d suggest first move your ETH, otherwise it can get spent.
After you get the airdrop if applicable, then again fund little amount of gas enough for ERC20 transfer on the old wallet and then move your remaining tokens of Airdrop to your new wallet. Legit airdrops WOULD NOT ask for seed phrase.
Also it may not be safe to interact with such airdrop tokens.

What reported by the OP is what happened to me yesterday. The first day no funds were stolen but today the $10 in eth i had disappeared. I am only worried about the airdrop i’ll receive in the next weeks of a crypto that got in presale and not yet transferred or claimed by me. Now i wonder if i have any chance to get into my account as soon as i claim my $$$ and tranfer the received funds to another wallet before the bast**ds do it. But reading i learned that if a sweeper is deployed in my MM wallet, i have no chances. Is all this right?
Cheers

Hey @user12,

Please reach out to MetaMask Support.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.