The only problem is that there is no 2FA or 3FA, which makes us worried about the high amount in our wallets. We hope you will consider our concerns

Description:

The only problem is that there is no 2FA or 3FA, which makes us worried about the high amount in our wallets. We hope you will consider our concerns.

Purpose:

Extension/Mobile/Both:

Images/Attacments:

Please read this post about what you’re asking for.

You now have account management snaps options about which you can read more here:

1 Like

You can log in if Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is not installed. So at least we can say that when we click on send button to send the asset, first we have to create a password i.e. there should be a protection of the asset password. And also keep this in mind that when we create a password with asset password or send button, we will ask for Email or Phone number so that if we forget this password, we can recover it through OTP or Link. If email or phone number option is not possible then put Secret Recovery Phrase in it also. But this SRP is completely different from the SRP of MetaMask account, and it is also the case that when we recover MetaMask wallet in another device, the password with send button will remain the same which was set for the first time, even if we have forgotten this password. To recover this, use forget password with Email or Phone or Send button SRP. Please do anything but give one more level of security. Because the new user is not aware that his wallet SRP is no longer safe, someone has stolen it. so please. Now my own wallet SRP has been transferred to someone else and I have staked it from my MetaMask account on Metaozone. But when we got the information that the wallet can be recovered only through SRP, it was too late. so please help.

It would be best if you contact Support team at https://support.metamask.io and click Start a Conversation

support

Once you click Start a conversation a live chat bot will appear on your screen. It will give you an automated response at first, but afterwards you should be able to contact the support team directly.

I can say this with the main reason that there is a system to recover wallet from phone number or email. There can be no security at all. I am not able to understand that why are you not providing such security? It is clear that if someone knows the password then we can create a new password through the forget option. The thing to think about is that the phone number or email will be available to us. But even if SRP has good security, it is also very dangerous, because if it falls into someone’s hands even by mistake, all the assets will be lost, your wallet will remain with him forever but this is not the case with phone number or email. When we keep money in the bank and use Net Banking, our money remains safe, because there is protection of phone number or email. Now it is not possible that you have installed a phone or email protection system. Still I don’t know why you are silent due to security. And you are saying to have a conversation but there is no support from there, they are saying change the wallet, brother will change the wallet only when we have not made any stake from our wallet. But we have staked our assets. great bro.

MetaMask is a self-custodial wallet. It has no control over your wallet or what you do with it. You are the only one in control. It’s up to you to not give that control away. There is no server for your data or information, everything is stored locally on your device. You can’t have email or phone number associated with it as that would imply having data stored on a server, which doesn’t happen with self-custodial wallets.

Self-custody in web3 means you having total control over your money. No one is silent about security, MetaMask is very vocal about it and has implemented layers of security all the time. As of recently you can add Snaps that help you secure your wallet more, but the basics of self-custody remain the same, the responsability of holding your own assets fall unto you, as it’s still you having control over your tokens. Check security snaps at https://snaps.metamask.io and dyor on which could help you with what you are interested in.

Also, please read this: