£1k BTC sent to ERC20 from Binance UNWRAPPED - oops

Hello. I feel very silly. Please can somebody help me?

Problem

From Binance I sent approx 0.02 BTC to the following address.

0x3e134aDCc8fc3E71218E009C45fdcc8A6C39f385

I didn’t wrap it, so it’s seemingly vanished.

Things I’ve tried

I’ve added the custom BTCB token as per this link to Binance Smart Chain (which I added to Metamask). However the missing BTC did not appear.

What on earth was I thinking

I dunno, I saw that Binance had the option for BTC to be sent to “ERC20” so I guess I thought checking this option would make it compatible. TIL. TIFL!

Hi there,

It looks like Binance automatically wrapped the token for you to BBTC! Follow the same steps you took to add BTCB, but add this token contract instead. Be sure you do so on the account/address then tokens were sent to.

Your token balance should then appear in your MetaMask wallet.

Oh bharmon, wow, thank you so much! I see them! I’m too tired to think about getting them back to binance just yet but I’m sure it’s easy enough and thank you so much for taking the time to tell me!

Sorry just a quick additional question - is it okay to send this BBTC back to a Binance BTC address? They don’t seem to have a BBTC option, nor do Exodus. Being a bit cautious now since my costly lesson (in time and worry, if not money).

1 Like

It would be best to check with the wallet you’re trying to send to. Each wallet offers different features and I’m not familiar enough with either one of those wallets to confidently tell you yes or no.

1 Like

For anybody who runs into a similar problem, I will update here with the answer when I find it. But so far it seems Binance themselves do not know… (what does everybody make of this conversation?)

Me:
Hello. I would like to confirm something please before I take action: I sent BTC to my Metamask wallet using the ERC20 option, and although this was a silly mistake it looks like Binance helpfully wrapped the tokens for me into BBTC. I added the relevant contract to my Metamask wallet and now I can see the BBTC in there. How can I send this back to Binance? I do not see a BBTC option for deposits. Thank you so much for any reassurance you can give and I hope to have the BBTC/BTC safely back into Binance, Kind regards.

Binance:
Please provide us with the TxID. (Transaction hash (TxID) is an identifier which is used to uniquely identify a particular transaction. You can find it in the withdrawal record. If you cannot find it, please contact the withdrawal platform. This will allow us to solve your issue more efficiently.)

Me:
Apologies for the delay, here is the Tx ID etherscan.io/tx/0xa6760d6a2f3b953526a7317e3aae4816016289b7cf816fa34fa71fbe9c923b9e

Binance:
It’s alright, no worries.

This is for crypto deposit not credited, right?

Me:
The problem is that I withdrew this money to etherium mainnet on Metamask which is an ERC20 network. I have managed to add BBTC to my Metamask wallet such that I can see the BBTC, however I am unsure how to get it safely back to Binance. Apologies for the mistake.

Binance:
Is it deposit from Binance or withdrawal from Binance?

Me:
It was a withdrawal from Binance that caused the problem, but I am asking about a deposit into Binance.

Would I be able to deposit BBTC into a Binance BTC wallet address?

Binance:
This is the amount that we are looking 0.0195089 , right?

Me:
That is correct

Binance:
Base on the information provided, we can see this transaction was already confirmed on the blockchain and it should be credited to your account. Please contat the customer service of the receiving platform if you still haven’t receive your funds.

Me:
I’m afraid I think there is a misunderstanding. I have not yet initiated the deposit into Binance that I am asking about.

Please can we escalate this query?

Binance:
You mean to say you are not the one who made the withdrawal transaction?

Me:
I made the withdrawal transaction. The BTC that I withdrew to Metamask was deposited safely as BBTC. Now I am asking about how to move this back to Binance. For instance, I could use my wallet address on Binance and select ERC20, however the page says “deposit only BTC” whereas this is now BBTC.

Binance:
here is the link that supports the transaction: etherscan.io/tx/0xa6760d6a2f3b953526a7317e3aae4816016289b7cf816fa34fa71fbe9c923b9e

You can check it also in here : htt…wallet/history/deposit-crypto

Is there anything else we can help you with today?

Me:
This is the link that supports the withdrawal from Bianance right?

Also the second link you provide is to my wallet history, but please understand I am asking about a future transaction (not historical, not in history).

Binance:
I understand the reason why I send the second link is for you to check if the transaction already come out there.

Cause here on our end the withdrawal is already successful.

Since withdrawal is already completed here in Binance, as much us we would love to help you regarding on this matter, it’s just that this funds we’re already out on Binance and then the recipient party is already out of Binance scope.

For the withdrawal case, once the fund is out, binance has no control over it you must contact the receiving platform and they must have a way to help you out in retrieving your funds.

Is there anything else we can help you with today?

Me:
Yes please can you now help me with a question regarding making a deposit into Binance. I require to deposit BBTC into Binance.

Please can we escalate this query if you are unable to help with this?

Binance:
How to deposit BBTC?

Please refer to the following instructions: 1. Web: Log into our official website www. Click the upper right corner … *Please make sure the deposit coin is listed on our site before you deposit. Please fill up the correct Memo/TAG/Payment ID if there is a special label coin. Since we may not able to retrieve your funds if you filled up the wrong addresses.

More information: https://

Me:
Yes, BBTC is an ERC20 token. When I select the wallet and ERC20 however it says “only deposit BTC”. Despite it saying “only deposit BTC”, can you confirm that depositing BBTC is ok too?

Binance:
Because BBTC is not listed and supported by binance only BTC

You may refer to this link for all the listed coins that Binance supports:

:cold_sweat:

Hi martinyears :slightly_smiling_face: you must open Binance account :point_right: click on Bitcoin :point_right: click Deposit :point_right: select ERC20 address and send small amount BBTC (0.0001 BBTC) for test :smiley: if everything is ok (show BTC/BBTC on Binance account) send all BBTC Token to Binance.

Check this image: