24 Seed Phrase - Keplr Wallet

Hello,

I would like a 24 phrase seed phrase, but it seems MetaMask doesn’t offer it to the creator of the wallet

1. If i generate a 24 word seed phrase in Keplr wallet, and import it into MetaMask, is this ok to use and transact with?
  2. Could this cause any issues in the future that a 24 word seed phrase and not a 12 word (recovery, support with MetaMask, etc)?

Is it safe to generate seed phrases with Keplr wallet (are they credible organization?)

Also, is it possible to setup multi-sig with such a wallet address?
If so, how?

hi @happyhuman617 . click here :point_down:

1. If i generate a 24 word seed phrase in Keplr wallet, and import it into MetaMask, is this ok to use and transact with?

Yes. it should be ok

1. Could this cause any issues in the future that a 24 word seed phrase and not a 12 word (recovery, support with MetaMask, etc)?

Although you can use the seed phrase from another wallet, my recommendation is to create a new MetaMask wallet. Because once you lose it, both your wallets will be lost.

Is it safe to generate seed phrases with Keplr wallet (are they credible organization?)

It is safe. Be sure to keep your seed phrase safe.

Also, is it possible to setup multi-sig with such a wallet address?
If so, how?

You can use safe’s multi-signature feature to add your MetaMask wallet.
https:// gnosis-safe. io/ app/

6 Likes

Thank you! When you say “it should be ok” can you please elaborate on “should”

I am concerned that Keplr seed generation may not be held to the highest standards. I see their code is open sourced, are you (or anyone) able to verify that it is safe for me to generate a wallet with them? I ask because I want a more secure 24 phrase seed phrase, instead of the 12 that MetaMask only offers. I could then bring the 24 word seed phrase into MetaMask

Keplr is a wallet of the Cosmos ecosystem. It’s not compatible with MetaMask, as MetaMask is an EVM compatible wallet for Ethereum compatible networks. (EVMs)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.