Absolute 100% lockout of crypto with metamask v9.8.2

Hi guys,

Since last week (I think wednesday? or maybe later?) I have been experiencing an iron-curtain locking me out of every dApp in existence as far as I can tell. Manually connecting doesn’t seem to help either. Trying to manually connect will sometimes produce an error in a small black box in Metamask saying that this site uses the discontinued window.web3 API. I have submitted to support but I am unsure how soon they will get to me. Can anybody help? Has anybody experienced anything similar? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Brave and Metamask have both updated to the latest versions. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
rajas

3 Likes

Same here. Extension version 9.8.2

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I’m glad to know I’m not to only one. Does anyone know any solution? Should I try and uninstall everything and install it again with the seed phrase?

Same problem here. No response from admin or support yet?

My Polygon web wallet does not even load to give me the chance to connect Metamask??

1 Like

All of my token balances show as zero now. I see that my MetaMask version is 9.8.2. When I go to make a MetaMask help request, the dropdown for the version number on the help request page only goes up to 9.8.1. I’m careful with my secret phrase and suddenly I cannot see my tokens. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Best keep in mind scammers might take advantage of this situation - don’t get scammed into giving away something you shouldn’t guys. My guess is best course is patience while the support team gets back to us (maybe more support tickets isn’t a bad idea though).

1 Like

Me too guys, autofarm connect wallet button ain’t clicking, when might we expect answers?

1 Like

Hey, yeah this is insane. I finally let my browsers and extensions upgrade since I hadn’t seen any issues from the interwebs, and poof! Immediately lost connectivity to my web3 interactions. Same error message. It is super frustrating. I highly doubt we will get a response any time soon, but I’m super hopeful. Tried all the things… except for going and installing old versions since that is absurd to have to do that to maintain functionality. It worked in Brave until I let Brave update. Still nothing on chrome. Ledger Live doesn’t even realize I’m trying to authorize something and suggest I connect the wallet for a linked one.
YO METAMASK!? WHEN WORK?!?!

1 Like

Hi guys,
Regardless of the silence and possible bugfixes done in the meantime, my problem is now resolved as of last night. My steps yesterday were:
-clear cache, close all tabs, close Brave.
-restart Brave. Having problems with Brave’s Wallet keeping popping up.
Go to settings.
-Set Metamask as default wallet for dapps
-Below this, set Brave Crypto Wallets to not load on browser start

Only after the last step did Metamask start working.

3 Likes

Well done, it worked. Thanks for that.