Add Bluetooth support to Mobile App and/or Chrome Extension (Ledger Nano X)

I got tired of waiting and decided to try and come up with a solution, and it worked!

I made a chrome extension which bridges the gap and allows you to transact wirelessly with Metamask!

Check it out on github: fsjuhl/LedgerBluetoothBridgeExtension

26 Likes

This lack of bluetooth connection to Ledger makes Metamask dangerous to use when on the go. Please tell us you ar working on it !

25 Likes

Please, we need this feature!!! :slight_smile:

21 Likes

+1 to what everyone else said. Please add this feature.

21 Likes

Please do add this feature! So many people need this!

20 Likes

This is the only thing keeping me from managing all my crypto with metamask.

18 Likes

Surprised this still hasnā€™t been implemented with so many votes!

Just ordered a Nano X and learned that this isnā€™t a possibility which is pretty disappointing especially since MetaMask seems to be the only way to interact with L2 networksā€¦

Took a look through the MetaMask extension repo to see how they connect to hardware wallets as well as the LedgerHQ/ledgerjs package and it looks like it wouldnā€™t be too difficult to port to the mobile app.

If anyone on the development team is looking for a hand on this or has some direction on how I could start a PR I would love to help get this implemented!

22 Likes

Please support both USB cable connection as well as Bluetooth, so we can use trezor as well as nano s

20 Likes

Hi there, the team is expanding and part of that expansion is hiring on more developers related to all things hardware wallet. Once this happens, feature enhancement requests such as hardware wallet support on Mobile will be closely looked at. You can expect to see improvements of existing hardware wallet support and new features added towards the end of the year. Thank you for your patience, and for others here please keep upvoting ideas and suggestions to help us prioritize these on our product roadmap!

17 Likes

Thank you so much for the update! Looking forward to your new team and this feature being implemented!!

12 Likes

Yes, please add the option to connect a hardware wallet to MetaMask in the iOS app. Very disappointed to find out that connecting a hardware wallet via the app is not possible. I think implementing this option/feature should be a top priority; Iā€™m sure there are a lot of other people who would agree with that as well.

11 Likes

Yes please allow us to connect with our Ledger X via bluetooth. This is also why I bought this model and Iā€™m disappointed that I can only connect to Metamask with USB cable?

11 Likes

How has this not been implemented yet?

I came her for this feature too!

PLEASE can you put this in - very necassary for NFTs and apps and working on the go - I donā€™t want to have to carry my laptop everywhere - please express this one - Everyone wants it.

12 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up. We will discuss this with the developers and assess the feasibility while weighing in security risks.

12 Likes

To get a sense how the Ux could be, check out the Algorand Mobile Wallet - it works flawlessly with Nano X bluetooth on iOSā€¦ alas, that does us no good on the Ethereum network.

This feature request both greatly improves security (promoting the use of a hardware wallet) and convenience (no need to tote a laptop everywhere) for usersā€¦ Enabling this feature would be a slamdunk!

11 Likes

I feel like adding Bluetooth to mobile apps is the chrome extension Can be the best thing ever

12 Likes

Any developer feedback? Metamask is already partnered with Ledger. This should be easy.

13 Likes

Last time I checked we had 159 votes and now we are over 200. Can you please devs share any progress on this? Started, testing, developing? Is it even in your roadmap for Q1 2022?

5 Likes

Mobile integrations with hardware wallets, including Ledger, will be coming this year! The team is planning on working with Ledger on it, but there is no estimated date on it yet.

21 Likes

Iā€™m also one of those that have created an account simply to ask for this feature. Only set up my Ledger Nano X yesterday and was really disappointed to see I couldnā€™t use it with Metamask on my iPhone.

Please make this happen.

9 Likes