Adding logo/icon to a new EVM network in MetaMask

Hi everyone,

Please help me find the correct repo to use for adding a logo/icon to a new EVM-based blockchain in MetaMask. Also updating the native currency logo in that network please!

2 Likes

Here is an article on our Knowledge Base for adding a token logo https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/360059582151-How-to-add-a-token-logo

At the time, adding a network icon is not available.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Then, how does Smart Chain have, it for example?

3 Likes

It doesn’t, it shows a question mark icon next to it, from what I’m seeing from the screenshot you shared

2 Likes

sorry for the confusion - these logos/icons are what I mean:

In the first screenshot, these are empty, re-attaching here for convenience. Please ignore the “Sahara” I was simply showing that this is a different chain.

2 Likes

Those are token logos, which can be added with the article I shared :point_down:

2 Likes

The article you have shared is for ERC20 token, we have done that in the past.
What I’m saying, is that I want to add native currency logo/icon to be displayed in a different EVM network (Not Ethereum Mainnet), just like Binance smart chain in this screenshot:

1 Like

Try submitting through this GitHub repo:

2 Likes

@ItsNorthw1nd

Since MetaMask is an open source wallet, we can go to Github and see where the app is loading the network/native token logo from, the getNetworkImageSource method is used for this:

In the same directory there is a file with a list of popular networks for which the chain icon changes:

4 Likes

How can I get my logo

1 Like

thanks but this is also ERC20 as far as I can see

1 Like

thanks! this looks like it. However, do you think a new chain can be added to the “popular list”? will the devs be okay with it?

1 Like

@ItsNorthw1nd

Most likely not, maybe you need to look towards Snaps (Extend the functionality
of MetaMask):

4 Likes

Hello, have you found a way to add a native coin logo to the Custom chain? I looked at your chat history above, but in the end it doesn’t seem to say a conclusion? I want to add a logo for wanchain.

1 Like

Check out the two links @nakedwinnie shared above.

I have a doubt, I created the mechanism so that the logo and currency are added to the user’s wallet when he clicks on the button, but I noticed a problem, the token is only added with the logo and etc in the browser’s MetaMask, in the application cell phone doesn’t work.
Does anyone have a solution and why doesn’t it work on the mobile extension?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.