The MetaMask add-on icon/button is not showing in the Firefox browser UI after installation and configuration, and is unable to be opened via the default extension shortcut “shift + option + M”.
The icon/button and shortcut work as expected in an alternate Firefox browser instance launched with a different Firefox profile.
- Download MetaMask add-on and select “Add” when prompted with permissions.
- Set up a new wallet: Select “Get Started” > “Create a Wallet” > “I agree” > Enter password > “Next” > Reveal “Secret Backup Phrase” > Confirm “Secret Backup Phrase” > “All Done”
- The add-on icon/button is not showing in the Firefox menu bar or overflow menu.
- Allow “Run in Private Windows” and attempt opening in a private window
- Remove add-on, clear all browser cookies and cache, and re-install add-on
- Disable ad blockers, e.g., uBlock and Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection prior to installation
- Disable all add-ons prior to installation
- Restart Firefox browser
- Restart computer
- macOS Big Sur 11.4
- Firefox version: 89.0.2 (64-bit)
- MetaMask add-on version: 9.6.1