Can I determine if a MetaMask wallet was used to initiate a transaction

Is it possible for me to determine if a MetaMask wallet was used to perform a transaction? From my understanding I believe I can find out if you interacted with Coinbase or bought an NFT from Opensea, but I’m not sure about wallet information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’m not sure what exactly you mean, but if you want to see your Metamasks activity, you can see it here:

Externally, we cant tell if a specific wallet was created with Metamask, much less if a transaction was initiated from Metamask. Your devices state logs are the only thing I’m aware of that would contain that info.

You can tell if a wallet interacted with an exchange or dapp because their wallets and contract addresses are publicly displayed. When you check the transaction hashes on a blockchain explorer (like the article @Tksly linked above) You can see the sender, the receiver, and any tokens/coins in the transfer. Some addresses are publicly linked to their owners, like Centralized Exchanges and Contract Addresses.

As you can see here, the first one in the list is ~3 Eth headed to Binance (probs someone selling it)
The last one is a transfer to Coinbase: Commerce.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.