How do you know the metamask matched the address?

**Description:**I am a new user, I need to use a cold wallet to withdrawal funds from a platform. They required a cold wallet which used for a while and have enough funds inside wallet. My question is, how they could know if the wallet is a newly and keep the funds inside wallet?

Purpose: I need to use MetaMask

Extension/Mobile/Both:

Images/Attacments:

Hello @rainbowang, welcome to MetaMask community!

You can check any public address by using a blockchain explorer, depending on the network you want to check it on.
DO NOT EVER share your Secret Recovery Phrase or private keys with anyone, ever. Be careful what kind of dApps, websites, platforms you interact with. Read up on anything you don’t know about from the Knowledge Base, from here on the MetaMask forums.

3 Likes

Hi there. I’m not sure what your question is, but are you asking how the website you want to connect to, knows if you are using a cold wallet or hot wallet ?

As @Chinzilla says, be very careful about the website you are going to connect to. I have never heard about a website that only want a user to connect using a cold wallet that has been used for a while.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.