Can't send eth from metamask to Coinbase

I have my eth in my MetaMask wallet on the Base network. Whenever I do a send to coinbase with my eth I make sure to set the receiving address on coinbase to Base network. When I confirm the send on MetaMask nothing shows up in the history, no failures or pending. It just never sends or does anything. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Hi friend!

I would try to reset the wallet: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/4556918516763-How-to-reset-your-wallet

Are you by any chance using a ledger?

2 Likes

I am not using a ledger. I will try the reset of the wallet and see what happens.

1 Like

Cool! Keep me updated.

2 Likes

I did the wallet reset and I am getting failed for sending from MetaMask to coinbase still.

1 Like

I’d like to check your public address on the block explorer. Feel free to share it if you are comfortable with doing so. If not, can you see if there is an error message showing?

3 Likes

Here are screenshots of what I do for both coinbase and MetaMask

1 Like

0xF4f83F5aAb30959c2efa05b2EBBd50C31BF2B28B

1 Like

Appreciate that. I think you’re perhaps not leaving enough eth to pay for gas fees. Could try to send again without using the max option when sending? Basically leave approx 5 usd worth of eth behind when sending.

3 Likes

That just worked thank you so much! I didn’t try that because it kept saying the gas fee was free but maybe it was just so small it was saying 0 but it really needed a partial penny to go through.

2 Likes

Yeah hah, the gas fee is very small and that zero can be misleading. Glad it was resolved :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.