Connection error with a locally built MetaMask extension

I’ve built MetaMask-extension from source and when “loaded unpacked” into Chrome, it gives the following error in console.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I did place my infura key into .metamaskrc

Hello @Eluvade, welcome to MetaMask community!

Have you looked through the MetaMask Docs and MetaMask Github repository for a possible solution or a hint of where you might have gone wrong on the implementation?

2 Likes

Hi @Eluvade .

do you have the latest version of the MetaMask extension installed? Found some similar posts. Out of curiosity, if you refresh the page does it work?

2 Likes

I do have the latest version of MetaMask extension installed. But I’ve disabled it while I work on the one I’ve built from the MetaMask-extension Github repository.
You’ve given me a really good idea though! I forgot to check the branches… and there sure is a lot. I must have forked from the default branch, which is develop. Should I try master, or can you suggest another stable branch?

Thank you! ^-^

Hello, you should try to use master branch

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll let you know tomorrow whether that has fixed my problem. Additionally… is 5 hours build time normal? Should I try using bunjs or a different runtime to improve this?

It took even longer this time around >.<

While switching to master branch fixed my issue… There’s a new one. Any ideas? Console isn’t being very verbose… :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.