MetaMask not in browser

Hi,

On Chrome & Firefox with MM extension in the browser, withdow.ethereum is true but MetaMask isn’t connected.

I get these errors:
MetaMask: Content script lost connection to “MetaMask Background Multiplex”. undefined
contentscript.js:1 MetaMask: Muxed traffic for channel “metamask-provider” failed. undefined
contentscript.js:1 MetaMask: Content script lost connection to “MetaMask Background Legacy Multiplex”. undefined
contentscript.js:1 MetaMask: Muxed traffic between channels “provider” and “metamask-provider” failed. undefined
contentscript.js:1 MetaMask: Muxed traffic for channel “publicConfig” failed. undefined

The problem is the same with detectEthereumProvider from ‘@metamask/detect-provider’

Is there a better way to check if MM is connected? Thanks

1 Like

Reach out to our helpdesk: https://support.metamask.io 1 and
click the blue “Start a Conversation” button. The bot will ask a few questions then get you connected.

Hi @sharonlandis

Would you be willing to share the following info?

MetaMask version

Browser version

Operating System

Thanks!

Chrome: Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)
MetaMask: 10.13.0
Windows 10

I have the same problem on firefox.

Btw the problem is intermittent, sometimes MM connects and sometimes it doesn’t.

1 Like

I’ve tried twice, both times I was told to get back to them if it keeps happening

1 Like

Thanks! I’m submitting an inquiry too.

Hi,

I got a reply in email which isn’t in this thread…

"… Assuming you have your secret recovery phrase for MetaMask wallet written down and know it works to recover, would you be willing to reinstall MetaMask extension to see if this solves your issues?

If above doesn’t work or you don’t have this info, just let me know. "

I’ve tried this, twice now, it doesn’t solve the issue.

I’ve also found, in Chrome reloading the page fixes it. In Firefox this works sometimes, other times not. So automating page reload isn’t an option, the page keeps reloading.

I’m using ethereum._state.isConnected to check if MM is connected. The fact that this flag exists leads me to believe that there will be times when MM is not connected. It’s difficult to come up with an automated solution. As mentioned you can’t reload the page when isConnected is false. I’m going to give the help desk one more shot.

1 Like

Thanks! Yea, sorry I realized my thought probably wouldn’t have helped. I have also asked, will share once I hear anything too!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.