Did I buy a worthless coin?

So I don’t believe this is a MetaMask issue. I purchased LAI token on Coinbase Wallet, at an embarrassingly bad exchange rate (not the issue). I then sent the coin to MetaMask, which doesn’t recognize the coin as LAI, or anything for that matter for exchange purposes. The contract address is: 0xD04E772BC0d591fBD288f2E2a86aFA3D3CB647F8 “OLD GPT TOKEN”, which I can’t find on any exchanges. All I have found is that OLD GPT moved to a new contract address when LAI rebranded: 0x168e209d7b2f58f1f24b8ae7b7d35e662bbf11cc

Did Coinbase sell me a worthless coin or handicap me from trading it anywhere since LAI has a new contract address?

2 Likes

Hi @ShawnSnow

It would be better to consult with coinbase wallet if the issue is from their end. Yes, there is limited liquidity for GPT token as provided by coingecko and dexscreener upon searching. Always DYOR about liqudity and contract address before you buy. Also, contact with LAI/OLD GPT token community if there is way to convert/migrate this token into LAI. GPT token has been converted to LAI.

7 Likes

I’m usually fairly cautious about purchasing, but I would have expected a multi-billion dollar exchange to be able to identify a contract address correctly. Seems like the migration period had a deadline last year. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.