Do I need a new account or a whole new wallet?

hi @tracyselena ,sorry to hear that.

BUT is it possible to simply create a new “Account” and will it be secured?
OR is there something much more complex that I need to do in order to continue using MM.

There are many reasons why a wallet may be compromised.
If your seed phrase is leaked, your newly added address is also unsafe.
If the private key is leaked or for other reasons, the newly added address may be safe. Even so, you do not need to add a new address, but should reinstall MetaMask and create a new wallet entirely with new seed phrase. For convenience, you can install MetaMask in a new browser.

I have no more ETH left in order move them and don’t want to move ETH into it in case the scammer takes it. I guess the best thing is to move them into the new “Account” assuming my question above is to create a new account and that the new account will be secure?

To transfer NFT to a new wallet, you will need eth. Here are my personal suggestions:

1. Create a new wallet according to the method I mentioned above.
  2. Transfer a small amount of eth into the stolen wallet, which is enough for you to remove your uniswap position and complete the asset transfer.
  3. Transfer your assets to a new secure wallet as soon as possible.

If you encounter a sweeper robot and it automatically clears your eth, the above method is also invalid, because you can never operate faster than robot. So hopefully this isn’t the case for you.

You can also contact the support team as below for help and advice.

5 Likes