EIP 712 Raw Signature

I’m using a site that makes me sign a message thats in the EIP 712 format. I want to be able to see what exactly I am signing other than whats shown on the UI. How do I see this? I know the format is just a JSON struct, and I want to see this JSON struct.

1 Like

Hey @mmsignhelp, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Transaction Insight may be what you are looking for, where the details of the transaction can be seen.

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

Signature requests that use EIP 712 doesn’t show the raw data. It shows only a nice formatted version of the signature request.

Note that this is not for an transaction, just a message signature (Sign Typed Data v4)

Hello @mmsignhelp and welcome to MetaMask community.

Maybe this article can help you with what you seek to find out. Let me know.

See the thing is I want figure 2 to appear where it shows the raw JSON. Instead I am getting:

I believe MetaMask has the signature information presented only as in the format in your picture. If you would like to request what you need and we discussed in this topic, you can make a separate topic, in the #feature-requests-ideas and detail what you are proposing as best as possible.

In the meanwhile, make sure you only interact with dApps that you trust, if you are not satisfied with the information you are getting while interacting with any other ones.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.