EU Eighth Package of Sanctions Against Russia

Hey!
In light of the latest news, I’m wondering if I should be worried about my MetaMask account.

Press release 6 October 2022 Brussels:
The existing prohibitions on crypto assets have been tightened by banning all crypto-asset wallets, accounts, or custody services, irrespective of the amount of the wallet (previously up to €10,000 was allowed).

What is the probability that tomorrow the wallet will be blocked with the requirement to provide a passport?

3 Likes

Hi @LimeGelato ,

Check out these MetaMask Knowledge Base article, let us know if you have more questions from there.

5 Likes

if infura gets blocked you can change your RPC server endpoint. you’d add a custom network RPC. you just would have to find an RPC that is not run by companies that have to follow sanctions…

sites could possibly use geotracking too…keep in mind solutions for this.

2 Likes

Thanks for your responses - It is useful. And what about MetaMask’s official stance regarding this?
I am not supporting the war (I don’t know anyone here in Russia who does), but I get used to the fact that brands and companies spend lots of resources just to block RU users.

I understand that people have a right to do so, and I respect their choice (as well as don’t believe that all of them are 100% honest).
But I would be happy to know it before my account is blocked.
It may sound silly here in the decentralized blockchain community, but 2022 taught me to trust no one.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.