Firefox extension error - how get avalanche account private key

Hi.
I have big problem.
Didnt know thatt i need separately private key to avalanche account in metamask wallet. I write down my seed when i creating metamask wallet and thats it. There was no information at all when i creating avalanche account that i need to save key.
Now whats the deal - there is error when i run metamask wallet extension in firefox, just typeing my password and metamash shows me error:
“Metamask encountered an error” and there is contact support and nothing else.
I dont want to do anything im scared i later i will not able to acces to my balance - was staking time on wonderland by avalanche network.
Any idea ?
Best regards.

Hey @Oneadrian111, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

If you have your Secret Recovery Phrase, you are able to access and recover your MetaMask wallet, which can be used on Avalanche through adding it as a custom network. If you have your Secret Recovery Phrase, you do not need your private key to recover your wallet. Regardless, here is more information on how to find your private key in our Knowledge Base:

Also more information on Avalanche on MetaMask:

For the error when trying to unlock your wallet with your password, try using another browser and/or resetting your cache. Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

Hello.

Many thanks that you contact me and try to help.

Actually I finally back to home and after many hours of trying to find my private key on my storage I figured out that when I entered my recovery phase I just enter phase from different wallet lol :sweat_smile:

I’m good now - and very happy :slight_smile:

Best regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.