Have about $425 of Eth but i can't swap/buy or sent/transfer?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to MetaMask and i have 0.155 eth which is about $425 or so on the Binance Smart Chain network.
1 - I wanted to buy/swap for some alts coins/tokens but i can’t do anything.
2 - I also want to sent a bit of the eth on the BSC to the Eth network to buy/swap for some coins/tokens but can’t do that either?
Yep, i used the binance bridge but still nothing.

Good thing i haven’t sent more to the MetaMask wallet and i wish i’ve sent way less to test it out first.
Man, this is to much and i was thinking it was going to be as simple as buying crypto’s on a broker platform…boy i was wrong…lol

Reason is that i always get this message, “balance insufficient”

I have enough eth so it should use a bit of my eth holdings for gas so i’ve read?

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Peace!

Hi Dominic5,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the address,
0x4C45AB788bfE3B0724272469eFbFA8F77dfa0131

Best Regards
Vladimir

Hi Jenny1,

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve just sent Dominic5 my wallet address so he can check.

I am waiting for his response to see what needs to be done but I have also read that MetaMask needs BNB or Eth for gas?
And since I do have enough Eth I would like MetaMask to use Eth for gas but if that is not possible for some reason I’ll buy some BNB and transfer it to MeatMask :wink:
And I hope I can buy the tokens I want from UniSwap/PancakeSwap and also transfer some Eth from the BSC Network to the Eth Main Network to buy other tokens as well.

If you have any good web pages with good step by step info on how to do all this please let me know, it is much appreciated.

Best Regards
Vladimir

Hi Dominic5,

Yes they do but I can not buy/swap or transfer my Eth because I always get the “balance insufficient” message?

So does this mean that what Jenny1 said is true and that I need BNB to buy/swap and send Eth from one network to the other?

Many thanks,
Vladimir

Hi Dominic5,

Thanks for your reply and answer on this matter and I now know what to do :wink:

Much appreciated

Best regards,
Vladimir