How to send staked matic from polygon to coinbase or metamask?

I have MATIC staked on Polygon. I’d like to transfer it to my Coinbase or MetaMask account so that I can see all my balances on one page. I can see my staked MATIC on the Polygon staking page, but I don’t see any way to send it elsewhere.

If I set the network to Polygon on MetaMask, it only shows a tiny amount of unstaked MATIC, not the large amount of staked MATIC.
Suggestions?

1 Like

Hey! Did you stake on Polygon PsS Stake your MATIC to become a validator or delegator on our mainnet - Polygon

or somewhere/something else?

2 Likes

Yes, I staked on Polygon mainnet as a delegator.

1 Like

Check out the "Unstaking’ section of this article:

1 Like

I don’t want to unstake it. I just want to do what I said.

1 Like

When you stake your tokens, they are no longer in your wallet. See this MetaMask Knowledge Base article which breaks it down as "It’s helpful to think of staking as similar to putting your tokens in a savings account, or as depositing them with a third party. On a technical level, when you stake a cryptoasset you are generally committing that asset to be controlled by a smart contract, in exchange for something, usually an alternative token of some kind. " The article dives deeper.

To get it back in your wallet, you’d have to unlock them/no longer stake them. To see the balance staked, you’d just utilize the Polygon staking dashboard to see/track your balance.

Here is more FAQ if it helps:

2 Likes

You could look into liquid staking, something like Lido offers this for Polygon. Not financial advice, there are always risks, but something you could start digging into. Just make sure you go to the right and legit Lido site.

2 Likes

Hello, using a portfolio tracker tool, you can view your DeFi activities such as staking on other platforms.

3 Likes

Where would I find these portfolio tracker tools? Which one would you recommend?

1 Like

I have used both DeBank and Zapper. They view your DeFi activities using your public address. Make sure to use them from legitimate sites. Do not enter your Secret Recovery Phrase and Private keys on any sites.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.