Linking MetaMask wallet to a website

Hello MetaMask team

Please I want to link my MetaMask wallet with a new website using Optimism Network while I have other active networks running in the same wallet.

Kindly let me know if it is normal or other assets will be affected.

Your quick reply is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @NasDelta,

You need to choose the OP (Optimism) network in your MetaMask and connect to the site. Make sure that the site is legit before connecting your MetaMask wallet.

I did not get what you meant. Do you mean that you have other networks in your MetaMask wallet? If yes, it is normal and you can add any EVM network to your MetaMask wallet. Since you need the OP network, make sure to add it in your MetaMask wallet, if you do not have it. You can add it using chainlist: ChainList

Please let us know if you have more questions on this.

1 Like

Hello Maryam and thank you for your quick reply.

I meant to say that if I link my MetaMask wallet with certain websites using the optimism network, are the other active networks going to be affected or not?

Thank you again

What do you mean by this? What are you going to do other than connecting your wallet to a website?
The networks are separate from each other, but it depends on the transaction you would like to do. If you connect and do a bridge from OP to another chain, then you will get the tokens on the destination network. Altogether it depends on the transaction you are going to sign.

3 Likes

Absolutely, I just want to link my wallet to a website through OP network, this means it doesn’t affect the other networks assets such us Etherium Main Network because it is active and running.

If this is the case, I can do that easily then.

1 Like

Make sure that the website is legit and safe before connecting your wallet.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Linking to joyride wallet

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.