Lost SRP for MetaMask only accessed on iphone

Description:

Lost SRP for MetaMask only accessed wallet on iphone

Purpose:

I have the wallet ID and my wallet password, I need a way to access this account please. Unfortunately, I lost my SRP

Extension/Mobile/Both:

Mobile, iphone

Images/Attacments:

hi @Daadogg .
You have the wallet password for your iPhone, can you open it?
Then click Settings - Security & Privacy - Reveal secret recovery phrases. Can you get it back?

2 Likes

When I log into MetaMask, it only gives me two options. Import wallet with Secret Recovery Phrase or ā€˜create new a walletā€™.

How do I access my wallet with only the password?

To clarify, I only have the MetaMask public wallet ID number, and the password. I was unable to get the private key for this old account.

hey, please contact the support team.

• Visit : https://support.metamask.io/
  • Click the large blue ā€œstart a conversationā€ bubble in the upper middle of page, looks like this:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

1 Like

I tried this, was unable to get help :frowning:

Was a support ticket created for you?

I donā€™t believe soā€¦ how do I create a support ticket?

It is automatically created at the live chat when your situation is escalated, and it will also inform you in the live chat.

If it hasnā€™t been please reach out to the support team again, sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Team said they cannot help me, can anyone hack my account?!

No sorry, please always make sure to securely write down your SRP and keep it in a safe place.

Hi! If you have an old iCloud backup or backup on another device, you could try to restore your iPhone from it (the date of backup must be the date before the issue appeared). Then you may use your password to log to MetaMask and reveal your srp.

2 Likes

Oh my, let me try thisā€¦

It worth to try. Let us know if it works. :crossed_fingers:

Unfortunately, I donā€™t think I had enough icloud space to back-up my old device. So think Iā€™m out of options now.

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.