Max File Size for NFT to Display in MetaMask

Hey MetaMask team. I’m helping someone deploy an NFT contract with image files stored in IPFS. Their NFTs are high resolution JPEGs that are all larger than 2MB in size. They render just fine on desktop webapps like OpenSea, but I’m having a hard time getting them to display in MM mobile NFT veiwer. I can import them, but the image doesn’t display.

Is there a max image size limit that MM mobile supports? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Might not be the image size that’s the issue, have they tried manually adding the NFT or using auto-detection?

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

I manually imported the NFTs into my wallet. I’m running MetaMask v4.3.0 (851). I’m wondering if it has to do with MM mobile saying that my IPFS gateway is down:

I don’t see a way to actually change the IPFS gateway to a different gateway provider.

Have you tried resetting your account?

1 Like

So clearing cookies and history then restarting my MM app now shows that I have a good connection to the cloudflare IPFS gateway and the NFT imported right away! Problem solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.