Metamask bug when running in a gas-less blockchain (Oasys Devnet)

I have a smart contract with a deposit method. Before calling this method the user must approve the allowance for the token first. The approve method on the ERC20 token works fine both in desktop (Brave) and Mobile (iOS Metemask app).

Problem: When trying to use the deposit method from MetaMask Mobile, running on an Oasys Devnet Verse, the “Confirm” button on the MetaMask UI is always disabled (see image)

For those who don’t know, Oasys Devnet verses don’t need transaction fees. So you do not need native currency either.

When running on BSC Testnet I don’t have this problem. My guess is that as I don’t have any Native currency (I don’t need it) MetaMask just decides that you cannot afford to pay for the fees. But I do not need fees so, that could be the bug.

The approval might work because MetaMask detects that it is a ERC20 approval transaction and shows a specialized UI for that method. I guess this specialized UI doesn’t have the same bug. These are just my guesses.

Has anybody deal with this before? There is a work around?

This looks like a bug in MetaMask Mobile to be honest. I was looking for a place to report this kind of bugs, that’s why I ended up here :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention that everything works just fine in MetaMask Desktop (Brave). Both approve and deposit work as expected. This issue seems to be exclusive of Mobile MetaMask v7.0.1 (1126) iOS app.

Hello @ElCoco, welcome to the MetaMask community,

That would be good if you report it to the support team via the following link. Please click on the large blue box “Start a Conversation” as shown on the image attached to contact the support team.

4 Likes