Metamask connected to a fishing link

Hello community,
I just want to raise awarness about a compromised Discord server and posting fishing links to an airdrop !!
The channel itself is the ZZ discord server, if you do go there, DO NOT interract with their links. Currently, all Admins are locked out.
I’ve recently migrated to another computer, so I was in the process of building my new MM wallet (adding networks, coins, etc…) and forgot to install my Revoke.cach extension which I found usefull in the past warning you with pops ups when you’re about to interact with a web3 app/sign/spend limit…etc…
Anyway, I was caught off-guard and clicked on the airdrop link, since I trusted the server, without concentration I allowed the contract to interact with my wallet and lost some ETH and $ARB in the process. Not a lot but it still hurts when you lose money to a scammer no matter how big is the size.
The ZZ admins said that they’ve filed a complaint to Discord, but there is no real proof of that and some users suspected an inside job?? who knows??
They are trying to put the blame on the users’ slopinness and they don’t want to own the problem. They did admit that’s their fault for allowing (un-intentially !!??) a fishing link on their server but they don’t want to do anything in terms of conpensating the users who lost funds to this fishing link. They don’t want to take any responsibility for any loss.
Cut the story short, I have the wallet address of this scam beneficiary, so is there any way at all, to recovering the lost funds?? I know it’s a long shot, but that would help many victims if we can un-mask these bad actors and if it’s an inside job like it was suggested by some users, then it’s even a bigger story. I’m sure the zkSync era project would no longer want to be involved with the ZZ exchange/DEX being built on era. Your thoughts will be much appreciated. Thank you for reading.
K ilmane

5 Likes

Hey @ilmane, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Thank you for sharing and sorry to hear this has happened. Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers out there and you have to be careful of any links that you click.

Wishing the best for you!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.